Tuesday 20 March 2012

Week Seven: I love the work

March 19, 2012

HELLO!!!! I MISSED YOU!!! haha

Glad to hear the family got together and had some fun (way to make Kaden cry Chels) teehee (loves)

ummmmm. I suppose I’ll try to explain what’s happing here even though I am not sure myself... #1 question- my companion... is unique lol umm his name is Elder Sylva, he is Brazilian, he loves anime (no joke he is actually pretty obsessed with it) and he draws some as well he is pretty good. Kinda a goof ball likes his toys (nerf dart guns and helicopter flying thing that blows my papers around -shakes fist-) He is district leader and a really nice guy. But he gets on my nerves every so often. Not to the point of freaking out just "face palm" kinda stuff. Such as throwing a dart at a book with the radiator behind it... missing the book and making a teeny tiny hole that wreaked our hot water, (cold showers yay...) but ya I love the guy it’s just mostly stuff I have to get over... he walks incredibly fast... and ya he is teaching me a little Portuguese and stuffs like that.

#2- English money isn’t that hard to get used to... but the change builds up really fast.

#3 The work in my area is slow right now. We have been mostly visiting less active members, a lot of cancelled appointments. Carlos is the only Portuguese person I have met but they're out here... we only really have one solid investigator his name is Ryan and he is a university student. There isn’t that many Portuguese in Chelmsford to have a ward.

I love the work I am trying to get better (sorta) I need to start doing more than thinking of doing. I am thankful for the ward here and their love (and dinners). I know that this work is true and I will do my best to help people find out for themselves that it is true. You will never really know until you find out for yourself. When I was younger growing up in church I wondered why converts had such a stronger testimony then me-- it was because I didn’t really have one for myself. In my studying today I read Alma 32 it talks about faith and really puts it to you on how to build your faith and testimony. I am thankful that we have living prophets and for our Savior Jesus Christ. I know that our Heavenly Father loves each and every one of us and wants us to live the right way so that we can enjoy the time we have on earth to its fullest. This is the way, you can never really know until you experience it for yourself, and if you haven’t read Alma 32 it will change your life (only if you want it to change). I am thankful for my family and my friends and all the support I get for serving a mission and the blessings I get and can share with others There is no greater work than this and it doesn’t end when your mission ends and it doesn’t begin when a mission begins. Your mission begins when you find your testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel. You share the joy that it gives you and don’t stop until it’s your time to rest. I know that my Redeemer lives, I am thankful for the love that our Heavenly Father has for us, His Children. And I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

I love you all tons. Have a great week and I’ll talk to you next Monday.

Elder Onychuk

No comments:

Post a Comment